DFR needs your support! Join our 7th annual Food Rescue Ride, a fun way to show up for community and include your friends and family in Denver Food Rescue’s mission is to increase health equity WITH Denver neighborhoods. We do this by helping to increase access to healthy foods in a way that uplifts community and decreases stigmas of traditional pantries. These community led and resident powered food distributions are called No Cost Grocery Programs and we support 24 sites a week! Last year we rescued and redistributed 600,000 pounds of fresh perishables (80% produce) to 12,000 Denver Metro families totaling 100,834 visits to our partnered programs!
All the ways to participate in the 2021 Food Rescue Ride fundraiser:
Register & peer-to-peer fundraise $250:
1) Can’t join us in person on August 21st? During August 9th – August 20th choose your own (biking / walking / running) adventure and share your journey with the hashtags #FRR2021 & #DFRFRR for a chance to win our social media photo contest prize!
2) On August 21st – pick one of our suggested bike routes (4 different options including a kiddo safe ride!) that will be published to all registered participants. The routes will begin and end at Central Park (8801 M.L.K. Jr Blvd) and will interact with some our No Cost Grocery Programs and food donors along the way! Then join us at the post ride celebration in Central Park from 11AM – 3PM
No personal fundraising, just help us celebrate:
3) Register for the event with the ticket option “celebration ticket” to join us for just the party in Central Park (8801 M.L.K. Jr Blvd, Denver, CO 80238) August 21st from 11AM to 3PM for food, drink, prizes, and community connections!
4) Participate in our virtual silent auction by donating an item/service or bidding from August 9th – August 22nd (link to be published on August 9th when it goes LIVE)
5) Become a fiscal or in-kind sponsor – email firstname.lastname@example.org
6) Donate to the event campaign: https://www.mightycause.com/event/Foodrescueride