Are you looking for an internship with great flexibility? A wide range of skill sets to explore and practice in a laidback yet extremely productive environment? Look no further! Denver Food Rescue is a grassroots social AND environmental justice 501 c 3 nonprofit focused on reducing food waste, hunger, and increasing health equity. Via bicycle cargos we redistribute surplus produce from grocery stores to organizations that work with low-income communities.
Please briefly answer the following questions: Why are you interested in Denver Food Rescue? What will you bring to DFR? What would you like to get from this experience? Please attach a resume. Positions open until filled. Send to email@example.com
Food Rescue Ride Administration Intern
General Responsibility: Assist staff in administering the online registration platform, organizing the packet assembly and packet pick up processes, designing and ordering rider shirts and bibs, collecting and overseeing payment and fundraising, and answering general questions from riders.
- Creating and administering the online registration platform. This includes entering all data about registration cost and fundraising details. The platform should be saturated with all the current year’s branding and design in collaboration with the Marketing team.
- Deciding on and creating the contents of the rider packet (i.e. bibs, rider info booklet, maps, etc.) and then organizing a team of volunteers to assemble the packets. Finally, this team will organize one or more packet pick up events, when riders can pick up their packets in advance. If there are any packets left over, the Registration Team will collaborate with the Logistics Team to arrange how leftover packets will be distributed day-of.
- Shirt and bib orders will be designed (or contracted out for design) in collaboration with the sponsorship team, so that proper logos can be placed on the shirts and bibs.
- Making sure all riders have paid their registration in full and are properly fundraising and meeting their fundraising goals. This will include sending out periodic messages to all riders to encourage them to fundraise more in light of prizes, the impact they are having, etc.
- Being the first to respond to general questions about the ride, fundraising, online platform, day of logistics, and more to riders.
- Supervising the registration table before the event and ensuring the proper distribution of packets, goodie bags, and wristbands.
– Compassionate and inclusive communication
– Highly organized with online data and data transfer
– Excellent verbal and written communication
– Ability to learn and use online software
– Able to give and receive feedback
Community Outreach and Fundraising Intern:
Find, create, and nurture relationships with like-minded organizations, events, and businesses in order to expand DFR’s impact. Responsibilities include: Educate the community on DFR’s mission and programming via event tabling and public speaking opportunities; Connect with events that will supply new potential donors and stakeholders; Discover fundraising opportunities both locally and online; Create fundraising events. Skills: public speaking, research, networking, event planning, fundraising experience
Marketing / Media / Communications Intern:
Take on a leadership role in DFR’s digital discourse. Responsibilities include: Design promotional materials. (logos, handbills, posters, graphics); Write and design monthly newsletters Assist with social media communications. Maintain website copy and community events calendar; Create marketing campaigns and media content (with community outreach intern). Skills: verbal and written communication, social media platforms, photography, design and website software
Volunteer Outreach and Management Intern:
Help our volunteer based organization to maintain a happy volunteer crew. Responsibilities include: Assist volunteer coordinator with volunteer acquisition and retention; Work with community outreach intern to create volunteer acquisition campaigns; Train new volunteers; Be available as a substitute for food pick up shifts; Manage software to track volunteers, shifts, and rescued food statistics; Maintain bike trailer locations at rescue sites and make needed repairs. Skills: urban cycling and bicycle repair, volunteer leadership, interpersonal communication, creative schedule management, volunteer outreach
New Donor and Recipient Intern:
Make Denver’s food system more just and less wasteful. Responsibilities include: Assist Denver Food Rescue director with appropriating new food donor resources and maintaining positive relationships with existing donors; Create tools for DFR staff to increase efficiency. Skills: Vibrant professional communication, email savvy, resourceful, program management, sales experience, systems thinker, ability to connect non-obvious dots