Self Sufficiency and Nutrition Program (SAN)
Welcome to Self Sufficiency and Nutrition Program (SAN), an innovative program dedicated to empowering 1st-8th grade students with essential culinary skills and fostering a deep understanding of healthy nutrition practices. Our mission is to equip students with the knowledge and confidence to prepare nutritious meals using readily available resources while emphasizing safe food handling, disposal, and production.
- Target Audience: SAN is tailored for 1st-8th grade students, creating a foundation for a lifetime of healthy eating habits.
- Curriculum: The program consists of 10 engaging sessions, each spanning 8 weeks. Through a carefully crafted curriculum, students will embark on a culinary journey that covers fundamental cooking techniques, ingredient selection, and the importance of a balanced diet.
- Locations: SAN is currently offered at multiple locations, including:
- Whittier K-8
- Columbine Elementary
- Stedman Elementary
- Bruce Randolph Middle School
- Smith Elementary School
- Capacity: We have successfully impacted the lives of over 150 students, providing them with valuable skills and knowledge that extend far beyond the classroom.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Cooking Skills: Students will learn hands-on cooking techniques, enabling them to prepare nutritious meals independently.
- Nutritional Awareness: SAN fosters an understanding of the importance of a balanced diet, promoting overall health and well-being.
- Resourceful Cooking: Emphasis is placed on utilizing readily available resources, making healthy eating accessible to everyone.
- Safe Food Handling: Students will grasp the significance of proper food handling practices to ensure the safety of themselves and others.
- Waste Reduction: SAN educates students on responsible food disposal and encourages practices that minimize environmental impact.
- Food Production Knowledge: Understanding where food comes from and how it’s produced fosters a sense of appreciation for the journey from farm to table.
Join Us in Cultivating a Healthier Future
By enrolling in Self Sufficiency and Nutrition in the Classroom, students not only acquire practical life skills but also contribute to building a community that values health, sustainability, and self-sufficiency. Our program strives to inspire a new generation of mindful eaters who are not only adept in the kitchen but also conscious of the impact of their food choices on their well-being and the world around them. Invest in the future health and well-being of your students. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to bring the SAN program to your school or to learn more about our impactful curriculum.